At the Dubai chapter’s December 2015 annual general meeting, those members present elected the 2016 committee with all positions elected unopposed. A transparent nomination process for the elected positions was undertaken, utilising survey money for nominations as well as at the annual general meeting.
The elected 2016 committee are as follows:
- Dr Abdullah Al Hashimi – Chairman
- Peter Page, CPP – Vice Chairman
- Sufyan F H Abbas, – Treasurer
- Phillip Johnson, PSP – Secretary
In addition, several appointed supporting positions were confirmed by the incoming committee, and these are as follows:
- Certification sub-committee chair – Phillip Johnson, PSP
- Council Liaison – Peter Page, CPP
- Law Enforcement Liaison – Nadeem Iqbal, CPP
- Membership – Vacant
- Program chair – Andreas Karki
- Women in Security (WiSe) representative – Katie Shephard
- Young Professionals – Mirza Hussein, CPP
- Webmaster – initially John Cowling with a view to hand-over this role to another member in 2016
The committee advises its intention in 2016 to engage and appoint a number of members into additional roles such as inclusion in the certification sub-committee although details of these appointments are not yet finalized; further details will be available in the New Year when many of these members have returned from annual leave.